Covering the counties of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk CBA East is an educational charity and, as part of the Council for British Archaeology’s network of regional groups, we aim to involve people in archaeology and to promote the care and appreciation of the historic environment for the benefit of present and future generations. This is funded by our members’ subscriptions and is fulfilled at a local level by:
- publishing an annual newsletter;
- encouraging participation in events and training opportunities;
- liaising with other archaeological groups and societies in the region;
- holding regular committee meetings throughout the year; and
- holding an annual AGM.
It is hoped that this website will become a source of information on:
- the activities of the group;
- how and where to get involved in archaeology in your region; and
- provide a resource for archaeology in the region.
We meet 3 – 4 times a year and are keen to have committee members representing all areas of our region which covers Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
We consider applications for small grants (up to £500) for a wide range of archaeological projects and we are particularly interested in supporting projects that have an educational objective, and in helping groups and individuals to publish their work.
CBA East is a registered charity in England & Wales 1086510.